Podcast (dohclassic): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:28:08 — 40.7MB)
“If you are indeed a magician, why do you not use your great power to slay the one-eyed monster?” Of course, the princess is speaking of the Cyclops. Join this episode’s Grue-Crew – Chad Hunt, Whitney Collazo, Daphne Monary-Ernsdorff, and Jeff Mohr, along with guest host Ralph Miller – as they once again marvel at the wonders of Ray Harryhausen’s skill and artistry in The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958).
Decades of Horror: The Classic Era
Episode 144 – The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958)
Join the Crew on the Gruesome Magazine YouTube channel!
Subscribe today! And click the alert to get notified of new content!
Decades of Horror The Classic Era is partnering with THE CLASSIC SCI-FI MOVIE CHANNEL, THE CLASSIC HORROR MOVIE CHANNEL, and WICKED HORROR TV CHANNEL
Which all now include video episodes of The Classic Era!
Available on Roku, AppleTV, Amazon FireTV, AndroidTV, Online Website.
Across All OTT platforms, as well as mobile, tablet, and desktop.
https://classicscifichannel.com/; https://classichorrorchannel.com/; https://wickedhorrortv.com/
When a princess is shrunken by an evil wizard, Sinbad must undertake a quest to an island of monsters to cure her and prevent a war.
- Director: Nathan Juran
- Writer: Ken Kolb (as Kenneth Kolb); Ray Harryhausen (story)
- Producer: Charles H. Schneer
- Composer: Bernard Herrmann
- Cinematographer: Wilkie Cooper
- Editors: Edwin H. Bryant (as Edwin Bryant), Jerome Thoms
- Visual Effects: Ray Harryhausen (special visual effects creator)
- Assistant Directors: Eugenio Martín; Pedro de Juan
- Selected Cast:
- Kerwin Mathews as Sinbad
- Kathryn Grant as Princess Parisa
- Richard Eyer as Barani, the Genie
- Torin Thatcher as Sokurah
- Alec Mango as the Caliph of Baghdad
- Harold Kasket as the Sultan, Parisa’s father
- Alfred Brown as Harufa, Sinbad’s loyal right-hand man
- Nana DeHerrera as Sadi (as Nana de Herrera)
- Nino Falanga as Gaunt Sailor
- Luis Guedes as Crewman
- Virgilio Teixeira as Ali, one of Sinbad’s crewmen
- Danny Green as Karim, the leader of the mutineers
- Juan Olaguivel as Golar
The Classic Era Grue-Crew, with the help of Ralph Miller III, tackles the Ray Harryhausen stop-motion masterpiece, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad. Kerwin Matthews is Sinbad. Kathryn Grant is Princess Parisa. Richard Eyer is Barani, the Genie. And, Torin Thatcher is Sokurah. The film is filled with beautifully crafted monsters: giant Rocs, a horned Cyclops, a dragon, and a skeleton warrior – and more. All this and “Dynamation!” as well. Yes sir, a Monster Kid’s dream. All this and they forgot to mention second unit director Eugenio Martino, the director of Horror Express (1972).
At the time of this writing, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad is available to stream with ads from Tubi and Crackle, as well as multiple PPV suppliers. It is also available on physical media in a Blu-ray format from various companies as an individual film or as part of a collection.
Gruesome Magazine’s Decades of Horror: The Classic Era records a new episode every two weeks. Up next in their very flexible schedule, chosen by Chad, will be Faust (1926), directed by F.W. Murnau and starring Emil Jannings. This will be the eighth silent horror movie covered by the Classic Era Grue-Crew. Bring on the intertitles!
Please let them know how they’re doing! They want to hear from you – the coolest, grooviest fans: leave them a message or leave a comment on the Gruesome Magazine YouTube channel, the site, or email the Decades of Horror: The Classic Era podcast hosts at email@example.com
To each of you from each of them, “Thank you so much for watching and listening!”