“Mr. Henshaw… white meat or dark?” That depends if you’re serving chicken or pork. What else could it be? Join your faithful Grue Crew – Doc Rotten, Bill Mulligan, Chad Hunt, and Jeff Mohr – as they attend an invitation-only banquet to sample the unusual cuisine served up in Shriek of the Mutilated (1974).
Decades of Horror 1970s
Episode 194 – Shriek of the Mutilated (1974)
Join the Crew on the Gruesome Magazine YouTube channel!
Subscribe today! And click the alert to get notified of new content!
Decades of Horror 1970s is partnering with the WICKED HORROR TV CHANNEL (https://wickedhorrortv.com/) which now includes video episodes of 1970s and is available on Roku, AppleTV, Amazon FireTV, AndroidTV, and its online website across all OTT platforms, as well as mobile, tablet, and desktop.
A group of college students are led by their professor into the mountains in search of the Yeti. Shenanigans ensue.
- Director: Michael Findlay
- Writers: Ed Adlum, Ed Kelleher
- Cinematography by: Roberta Findlay (photographed by)
- Editing by: Michael Findlay
- Selected Cast:
- Alan Brock as Dr. Ernst Prell
- Jennifer Stock as Karen Hunter
- Tawm Ellis as Dr. Karl Werner
- Michael Harris as Keith Henshaw
- Darcy Brown as Lynn Kelly
- Jack Neubeck as Tom Nash
- Tom Grail as Spencer Ste. Claire
- Luci Brandt as April Ste. Claire
- Ivan Agar as Laughing Crow
- Marina Stefan as Party Hostess
- Harriet McFaul as Girl at Party
- Dwight Marfield as Station Attendant
- Jimmy Silva as Policeman
- Warren D’Oyly-Rhind as Waiter
- Robert Adels as Popcorn Vendor (uncredited)
- Ed Adlum as Yeti (uncredited)
- Michael Findlay as Decapitation Onlooker (uncredited)
- Ed Kelleher as Saturnalia Guest (uncredited)
It had to happen … eventually. The Grue-Crew cover the Santos Ellin, Jr. favorite from 1974, Shriek of the Mutilated. Oh, boy… is this a romp. Bad script, bad acting, hilariously bad dialog, the goofiest “yeti” costume ever – yeah, we had an absolute blast with this one. You knew that was coming, eh?
Check out what The Black Saint had to say about Shriek of the Mutilated here:
At the time of this writing, Shriek of the Mutilated is available to stream from Tubi, Shout TV, and PPV from Amazon. The film is also available as a Blu-ray disc from Vinegar Syndrome.
Gruesome Magazine’s Decades of Horror 1970s is part of the Decades of Horror two-week rotation with The Classic Era and the 1980s. In two weeks, the next episode, chosen by Chad, will be Three on a Meathook (1972), director William Girdler’s second movie. Of course, all Grue-Believers know William Girdler as The Black Saint’s favorite director. Let August now be officially declared as Black Saint Month on Decades of Horror 1970s!
We want to hear from you – the coolest, grooviest fans: comment on the site or email the Decades of Horror 1970s podcast hosts at email@example.com.