Podcast (dohclassic): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 2:00:14 — 55.3MB)
“It was kind of fun in a necrophile sort of way.” Yikes! There’s so much to unpack in that statement. Join this episode’s Grue-Crew – Chad Hunt, Daphne Monary-Ernsdorff, Doc Rotten, and Jeff Mohr – as they gather around the black cradle under the inverted cross to witness Rosemary’s Baby (1968).
Decades of Horror: The Classic Era
Episode 150 – Rosemary’s Baby (1968)
Join the Crew on the Gruesome Magazine YouTube channel!
Subscribe today! And click the alert to get notified of new content!
Decades of Horror The Classic Era is partnering with THE CLASSIC SCI-FI MOVIE CHANNEL, THE CLASSIC HORROR MOVIE CHANNEL, and WICKED HORROR TV CHANNEL
Which all now include video episodes of The Classic Era!
Available on Roku, AppleTV, Amazon FireTV, AndroidTV, Online Website.
Across All OTT platforms, as well as mobile, tablet, and desktop.
https://classicscifichannel.com/; https://classichorrorchannel.com/; https://wickedhorrortv.com/
A young couple trying for a baby moves into an aging, ornate apartment building on Central Park West, where they find themselves surrounded by peculiar neighbors.
- Director: Roman Polanski
- Writer: Ira Levin (from the novel by); Roman Polanski (written for the screen)
- Producer: William Castle
- Music by: Krzysztof Komeda (as Christopher Komeda)
- Director of Photography: William A. Fraker (as William Fraker)
- Film Editing by: Sam O’Steen, Bob Wyman
- Production Design by: Richard Sylbert
- Art Direction by: Joel Schiller
- Set Decoration by: George R. Nelson
- Costume Design by: Anthea Sylbert
- Selected Cast:
- Mia Farrow as Rosemary Woodhouse
- John Cassavetes as Guy Woodhouse
- Ruth Gordon as Minnie Castevet
- Sidney Blackmer as Steven Marcato / Roman Castevet
- Maurice Evans as Hutch
- Ralph Bellamy as Dr. Abraham Sapirstein
- Angela Dorian as Terry Gionoffrio
- Patsy Kelly as Laura-Louise McBirney
- Elisha Cook Jr. as Mr. Nicklas
- Emmaline Henry as Elise Dunstan
- Charles Grodin as Dr. Hill
- Hanna Landy as Grace Cardiff
- Philip Leeds as Dr. Shand
- D’Urville Martin as Diego
- Hope Summers as Mrs. Gilmore
- Marianne Gordon as Rosemary’s girlfriend
- Wendy Wagner as Rosemary’s girlfriend
- Tony Curtis as Donald Baumgart (uncredited)
- William Castle as man outside phone booth
Decades of Horror The Classic Era reaches its epic milestone of 150 episodes with a review of Rosemary’s Baby (1968). Join the Grue-Crew as they examine this iconic genre entry that lands near the top of many best-horror-films-of-all-time lists and countdowns. Will the film hold up today? Jeff, Chad, Daphne, and guest-host Doc Rotten will share their thoughts on that and much more, including controversies in making the film and those that have transpired since. The crew spends two hours exploring the cast, the locations and era, the production, the subtext, and the influences – and so much more. Truly, epic! Enjoy!
At the time of this writing, Rosemary’s Baby is available for streaming from subscription services Amazon Prime, Paramount+, MGM+, and fuboTV as well as from a variety of PPV options. The film is also available as Blu-ray formatted physical media from Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment and the Criterion Collection.
Gruesome Magazine’s Decades of Horror: The Classic Era records a new episode every two weeks. Up next in their very flexible schedule, as chosen by Jeff, is The White Reindeer (1952, Valkoinen peura), a Finnish vampire movie (or is it a Finnish witch movie?) with frequent appearances by a white reindeer. You won’t want to miss this one!
Please let them know how they’re doing! They want to hear from you – the coolest, grooviest fans: leave them a message or leave a comment on the Gruesome Magazine YouTube channel, the site, or email the Decades of Horror: The Classic Era podcast hosts at email@example.com
To each of you from each of them, “Thank you so much for watching and listening!”