Podcast (dohclassic): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:20:19 — 37.1MB)
“I can tell you of my own fear, of what I might be risking here since I revealed to you the secret of Villa Graps.” Do tell, do tell. Join this episode’s Grue-Crew – Whitney Collazo, Daphne Monary-Ernsdorff, and Jeff Mohr – as they make the Decades of Horror’s ninth journey with the genius of Mario Bava with Kill, Baby… Kill! (1966).
Decades of Horror: The Classic Era
Episode 130 – Kill, Baby… Kill! (1966)
Join the Crew on the Gruesome Magazine YouTube channel!
Subscribe today! And click the alert to get notified of new content!
Decades of Horror The Classic Era is partnering with THE CLASSIC SCI-FI MOVIE CHANNEL, THE CLASSIC HORROR MOVIE CHANNEL, and WICKED HORROR TV CHANNEL
Which all now include video episodes of The Classic Era!
Available on Roku, AppleTV, Amazon FireTV, AndroidTV, Online Website.
Across All OTT platforms, as well as mobile, tablet, and desktop.
https://classicscifichannel.com/; https://classichorrorchannel.com/; https://wickedhorrortv.com/
A Carpathian village is haunted by the ghost of a murderous little girl, prompting a coroner and a medical student to uncover her secrets while a witch attempts to protect the villagers.
- Cast and Crew:
- Director: Mario Bava
- Writers: Romano Migliorini (story) (screenplay), Roberto Natale (story) (screenplay); Mario Bava (screenplay); John Davis Hart (dialogue: English version) (as John Hart)
- Cinematographer: Antonio Rinaldi (director of photography)
- Assistant Director: Lamberto Bava
- Film Editing by: Romana Fortini
- Set Decoration by: Alessandro Dell’Orco (as Sandro Dell’Orco)
- Costume Design by: Tina Grani
- Production Management:
- Production supervisor: Nando Pisani
- Production manager: Luciano Catenacci (uncredited)
- Unit manager: Mario Olivieri (uncredited)
- Produced by: Luciano Catenacci, Nando Pisani
- Selected Cast:
- Giacomo Rossi Stuart as Dr. Paul Eswai
- Erika Blanc as Monica Schufftan
- Fabienne Dali as Ruth
- Giovanna Galletti as Baroness Graps (billed as Giana Vivaldi)
- Luciano Catenacci as Burgomeister Karl (billed as Max Lawrence)
- Piero Lulli as Inspector Kruger
- Micaela Esdra as Nadienne
- Franca Dominici as Martha
- Giuseppe Addobbati as Innkeeper
- Mirella Panfili as Irena Hollander
- Valerio Valeri as Melissa Graps
Daphne picked this Bava classic and she loves Kill, Baby… Kill! right from the opening scene in which a distraught woman impales herself on wrought iron fence spikes. From the costumes to the atmospheric village, she’s all in. Chad was never drawn in by the title or the poster, but now that he’s seen Kill, Baby… Kill!, he thinks it’s a beautiful movie. It has that Bava look and feel with almost a Hammer, gothic sensibility. Jeff’s first thought is, “Not another Italian horror movie with a creepy kid,” but now, Kill, Baby… Kill! is one of his favorite horror movies. He loves everything about it – story, cinematography, acting, set design – and it’s scary as well.
In a strange marketing ploy, Kill, Baby… Kill! was given a new title, paired with two other films, and the resulting retitled trio was billed as “Orgy of the Living Dead.” As promised on the podcast, here is a link to the “Orgy of the Living Dead” Trailer.
The Classic Era Grue Crew strongly recommends Kill, Baby… Kill! At the time of this writing, the film is available to stream on the Classic Horror Movie Channel, Wicked Horror TV, Shudder, and Kanopy, and on physical media as a Kino Classics Blu-ray.
This is the ninth Mario Bava film covered by Gruesome Magazine’s Decades of Horror Grue Crews. You can check them out here:
- BLACK SUNDAY (1960) – Episode 40 – Decades Of Horror: The Classic Era
- BLACK SABBATH (1963) – Episode 108 – Decades Of Horror: The Classic Era
- BLOOD AND BLACK LACE (1964) – Episode 65 – Decades Of Horror: The Classic Era
- PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES (1965) – Episode 94 – Decades Of Horror: The Classic Era
- A BAY OF BLOOD (1971) — Episode 78 — Decades Of Horror 1970s
- BARON BLOOD (1972) – Episode 155 – Decades Of Horror 1970s
- LISA AND THE DEVIL (1973) – Episode 117 – Decades Of Horror 1970s
- SHOCK (1977) – Episode 133 – Decades Of Horror 1970s
Gruesome Magazine’s Decades of Horror: The Classic Era records a new episode every two weeks. Up next in their very flexible schedule is one chosen by Whitney: The Skeleton of Mrs. Morales (El esqueleto de la señora Morales, 1960).
Please let them know how they’re doing! They want to hear from you – the coolest, grooviest fans: leave them a message or leave a comment on the site or email the Decades of Horror: The Classic Era podcast hosts at email@example.com
To each of you from each of us, “Thank you so much for listening!”